RETROWRAP X is a wraparound corrosion protection solution for inshore and offshore splash zone and underwater corrosion protection for piles, pipelines and risers. RETROWRAP X is specifically designed to endure extreme marine conditions, variations from high temperatures to sub-zero icy conditions and high level of debris in the water.
RETROWRAP X is designed to suit any pile diameter from 100 mm to 3 meters, also square, hexagonal and octagonal shaped piles, and it may be interlocked to accommodate any required protected length. Full-length closure flanges are factory-fitted with corrosion-resistant marine grade fasteners designed to retain Retrowrap in position throughout its service life. During installation, the flanges permit the creation of induced hoop tension within the multilayer fabric, which induces the corrosion-inhibited gel to flow and totally encapsulate and protect the substrate without the use of primers, fillers or tapes.
Retrowrap X is the extreme, multi-scrim version of the HD. It is specifically designed to provide protection to offshore oil and gas risers or inshore applications subject to external impact damage. As with the HD, installation has been reduced to its simplest possible form, saving hours of diver and rigging time.
- Maintenance free corrosion protection concept
- Cost effective installation. Quick and easy to install; no primer, filler or tapes
- Environmentally friendly and low lifespan Carbon Footprint due to long design lifetime, 25 years.
- Minimal operational lifetime costs
- Easy removal and replacement for inspection
- Minimal pile surface preparation -does not require substrate shotblast preparation
- Cold-applied – no hot work permit required
- Hoop tension forces created within the outer skin resist high wave suction forces and sea growth
- Material to retain hoop tension throughout the projected operational life of the fabric
- Thick multilayer fabric, heavy-duty construction for extreme operational conditions
- Supplied in interlocking modular lengths
- Polyurethane provides the highest abrasion resistance
- Provides active protection with environmentally safe corrosion inhibitors
- Excellent UV, Ozone and Oxidization resistance
- Resistance to big climatic temperature variations and hydrocarbon oil contamination
- May be fitted with corrosion rate monitoring
Contact us for further information!